Life after birth - first month

Hi Mummies, I'm about to give birth soon and I hired a confinement nanny for some extra help. What was your routine like for the first month confinement period? How to cope with caring for baby and also getting enough rest to recover well? Any tips would be great thanks.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will always wake up, bath and have my morning breakfast, supplements and do all the necessary post natal massage and have my herbs, etc that's needed. Then bath the little one, give milk and ensure baby's full before making the baby rest (because most of the time they sleep). When time for lunch/afternoon tea/dinner, I will make sure to have it on time. As for in the afternoon my little one, either bath or just wipe down. I dont do chores, laundry, cleaning because it will be done by husband/my mother as they are staying with me. Since you have confinement nanny, you can also make sure she have a rest as well or prepare all the necessary for you and baby so you don't have to worry much while healing. At night, I will care for the baby and if I need any help, my husband will be the one waking up. I don't disturb my parents unless needed so they can get proper rest for the next day. I love to learn on my own and not be too dependent on anyone unless if necessary. Bare in mind that, as a first time parents it takes patience, learning, trial and error. When you get the little one's pattern, you will be used to it. Always do a thing at a time. Hope this helps.

Read more
2y trước

That's very helpful. thanks