First check up

Hi mummies. I went to confirm my pregnancy at polyclinic when i found out i was pregnant at 5 weeks. The gave me the referral letter to SGH but I have yet to get any calls from the hospital as I’m coming to 8 weeks now. Just want to know when is usually the first check up?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

8th week is good to visit as you will be able to see the heartbeat by then. 5th week would have been too early. Call up SGH and arrange for appt at the soonest. Btw have you checked your health hub app? I have noticed few times they update the appt details on health hub but don't inform me by call or msg. Meanwhile like others mentioned start on folic acid as it's a must until week 12.

Read more
3y trước

Thank you!! Will call up tomorrow!

I got my first appointment at 12 weeks after getting a referral at the polyclinic at 4 weeks. You’re not alone. ☺️ Try to put your anxiety at ease by eating healthily & focusing on the positives! Seeing the baby for the very first time will be so rewarding!!

I was about 5 weeks + when I got my 1st appointment 4 weeks later at 10 weeks + but in NUH. Check your appt on the health hub. Most times they won't prompt you for notification/update.

Normally subsidised patient in Govt hospital will only get their appointment 4 weeks later when they are about 10 weeks. Meanwhile take folic acid and have plenty of rest.

check your health buddy app. mine didnt call to inform my appt but they updated my appt on the app

3y trước

Thank you for informing about the app!! I just checked but no appointment still :(

6 weeks. it's impt. u need to start taking folic.. call and ask for appt asap

I went by 6 weeks