Too early or wait?

Hi Mummies!!! I am preggy for 4 weeks 4 days & i was planning to see a doctor tomorrow for confirmation. Is it too early or should I wait? Feeing nervous & excited at the same time… help me 🥺 #1stimemom

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I called the doctor for an appointment at wk5 but was recommended to go in from week 6 onwards. It’s difficult to detect heartbeat too early and you might worry when it’s actually normal. Suggest to wait till week 6. I went in at week 6 and had to do transvaginal scan but I could alr see my baby’s heartbeat!

Read more

Congratulations! ☺️ Found out that I was pregnant at week 5, scheduled appointment at week 8. By then I could see baby’s heartbeat :) Anything before that might too small I think, especially when you’re only at 4 weeks, you might not see anything. 😄

FTM here too in my first trimester. My friends and family were telling me to wait for 2 months later(8 weeks) otherwise can't see anything other than a dot. So i went on my own estimation of 8 weeks & ultrasound can be seen clearer :)

They will be able to see the sac to confirm your pregnancy but u are unlikely to be able to hear any heartbeat yet. I went at 6 weeks 4 days tho some said it’s too early and I heard my baby’s heartbeat through vaginal scan!

Congrats! I found out at week 5 and was advised by the gynae recep to schedule an appointment between weeks 6-8, though another doc told me to go for the first visit in weeks 8-10. I ended up scheduling mine at week 7!

You can go to any gync But scan is not recommended too early for a scan bcz only now u can see sac And would be making u worried or think more about ur pregnancy bcz u might feel there is no embryo

hehee can go see no worries! i also see doc on 4 weeks 4days 👍🏻😝 but need to be prepared can only see water bag hehee. but doc will give you folic acid and vitamin to eat ler 😍 congrats!

Hi! 4weeks is still early. But you can go to the polyclinic/GP to get referral letter to your preferred hospital for delivery. The hospital will then set an appointment when you reach 8th week.

The earliest scan to check for fetal heartbeat would be 6wks through vaginal ultrasound… so you can schedule an appt that early if you cant wait till wk8. usually wk8 to see dr

I went to poly at 4 weeks to refer to NUH. NUH booked an appt with me when i turn 8 weeks. 4 weeks probably cant see the baby yet though. 8 weeks will see clearer.