1 Replies

Totally feel you! I already have GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease & on Omeprazole medicine) way before I got pregnant and it is very painful. Before I got pregnant I will force myself to vomit cos its too painful like burning sensation in my chest & throat. Now cannot do that cos almost 17 weeks pregnant and antacid does not even work for me. So what I did is I will always avoid eating after 7pm even if my stomach is growling in hunger. Otherwise, I will have to wait 2 hours before I can go to bed or I will have a very hard time sleeping because of the heartburn. I will just drink water or any drink like Milo or cereal drink for the hunger but then will keep going to the toilet to pee which I prefer than having painful heartburn. When I wake up in the morning, I will shower 1st then have my breakfast. Sometimes heavy breakfast cos too hungry from yesterday. If I'm still hungry I will just eat anything but avoid eating after 7pm. And it really works. No heartburn. After having a meal do not lie down or sleep straight away. Wait at least 2-3 hrs to do that if you don't want any heartburn.

I had this since I am found out I am pregnant, 32weeks today. I bought heartburn pills from the shelves like guardian or Watson. Most of the time it’s so bad that I forced myself to vomit all the gastric juice out. I couldn’t take oily foods, heavy meals, eating too fast, caffeine intake. All this will make me have severe reflux till I feel as if I am gonna have heart Attack from the pain at my chest. So I tried to change the habit of taking small portions meals, something hot & soupy also light. Make sure you are 7/10 full is enough. Even though I don’t feel satisfied, i will take a short break and eat fruits or biscuits. Eating habits are really the one that causes all this pain for me, so with this correct eating habits I really helps me a lot. I do not have heartburn that often compared to before.

Trending Questions