Experience as a private patient

Hi mummies! I would like to hear your experience as a private patient in kkh/nuh. I’m currently a subsidised patient and would like to switch to private soon. Any recommended gynaes? Thanks in advance :))#firstbaby ##advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’ve just given birth last week and was a subsidised patient until 33 week into pregnancy. There was some slight complications during 2nd trimester so worrying that the medical fees will be high, I continued to be in the subsidised route. I find there are both pros and cons for having different gynaes all the time. You get to hear different opinions but of course the level of care differs as they are not the doctor that sees you from the start to end. In the end I went to become a private patient with KKH was because I wanted a more experience and a male doctor to help me with the delivery. The level of care being a private patient is really amazing, I could ask so many questions that I want to, the consultation timing can be for as long as you want it to, you don’t need to clean up yourself after ultrasound and you get to have a scan in every visit. Most importantly for me is that O feel so assured when my gynae gave me his email address to allow me to write in on questions that I may have. However and unfortunately, during my time of delivery, I’ve only seen him at the last part when I pushed my baby out. He was so late that the midwife had to ask me to stop pushing and wait for my doctor. I also realised that during the delivery, it doesn’t matter which class were you, all in the same delivery suite and care.

Read more
3y trước

Thanks mummy! Your insight is indeed refreshing! Thank you so much☺️