Experience as a private patient

Hi mummies! I would like to hear your experience as a private patient in kkh/nuh. I’m currently a subsidised patient and would like to switch to private soon. Any recommended gynaes? Thanks in advance :))#firstbaby ##advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just made the switch at nuh from clinic G to private. It couldn’t have been better for me! No doubt there is a lot of positive reviews for the subsidised clinic, personally I was in a bit of a shock as I have seen better looking clinics in nuh. Clinic G is crowded to a point where not every patient can gets a seat. If you come during peak hours, it’s fair to say that it’s hard to adhere to social distancing while standing up. Waiting time about 1-1.5h usually for me. I do find that receptionists are quite overwhelmed. Usually face quite black vs fetal care (more cheerful). If there’s no complication in pregnancy and no issue with seeing a diff dr every time, it’s alright to stay at clinic g. But maybe I’m suay, first time I went I gotten 3 training drs and 1 dr for my consultation. Subsequently I have encountered 1 training dr to 1 dr. Sometimes after leaving the room, I Google for the dr’s name but it is not on nuh web (my guess is that they are not full fledged or rather new? I could be wrong.) Another point that irks me was that diff dr has diff diagnosis for issues that I have raised. I have rather bad heartburn. One said allergic to iron recommend to stop supplement. Another said common pregnancy issue and continue iron. When clarifying on whether it’s safe to continue using certain drugs, dr asked the trainee what’s that? Trainee gave the ans instead. I think the pros of clinic G has to be the low price for consultation. Never exceed $100 per visit. But given that I’m currently having some issues with my pregnancy, I appreciate having someone constant to check on my status. I do find my current gynae a lot more attentive than those that I have seen. All those issues I have raised prev has been addressed. Ruby clinic looks like a hotel lobby. Nice plush seats. Clean washrooms for urine tests. But at the cost of extra money and tax is no longer covered by Govt. For my next pregnancy, I would most probably continue with this route. Start with clinic G to save on some money and switch to private at the 20 week mark since there’s package. Unless I develop complications early in preg then I would just opt for private from the start.

Read more
3y trước

I switched to prof su. Saw that you are keen to switch as well. Pls enquire early. They gave me a 4 month waiting queue initially. Best of luck!