PG/Prenursery slot

Hi mummies, may I know how do you all managed to get a slot in PG/PreN (baby did not attend IFC)? My area consists of many BTO and nearby 6 schools have no vacancies for the next one year. I’m taking care of baby myself and due to personal reasons, I am also eligible for the working mum sub. How do you all manage to get into the priority list? I would like to enrol my LO in my nearby CC so she (18mo now) can learn something rather than stay home with me almost 24/7 (Guilty mum). I tried to email my area’s MP but his response is not helpful at all. Appreciate all tips!! TIA!!#pleasehelp #firstbaby #FTM

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps you might want to call your preferred centre or anywhere nearby your area, let them know of the urgency to have your LO in the waitlist and call you soon as they have slot. Let them know you are taking care of LO, you are working and caring for her alone therefore if she has no slot with any PN/PG then you wont be able to go work. Also another tip is to go individual preferred school and apply and input your earliest date as possible. Do not go ECDA (I tried few times, taking so long) hence I went individual school website apply. And I was lucky to have a slot in August for my second born. I told them I need it ASAP or I wont be able to start work. Just FYI, doesn't mean housing estate with BTO do not have vacancy but each centre has a ratio of teachers to student hence why no slot. Also some centre that I know of are having a lot of vacancy as they just open and sometimes in a month, you will have more than 2 kids enrolling. So it depends on luck though.

Read more
1y trước

Yeah perhaps you can try and do email up the school or do follow up call. Otherwise try to get within the proximity of your parents/work or home.