Post Natal Blues or something else

Hi Mummies, I gave birth to my 2nd born 6 months ago. I have a 2 year old daughter. I am a working mum. I had inserted implanon(birth control) right after my son was born as I had a 2nd C section and doctor did not encourage me to have a 3rd one within 3 years. Recently, I had random mood swings that will trigger and i would be moody and upset with little things. Sometime, i get frustrated with the cries and tantrums from the kids that I would walk away for awhile to compose myself and get back to them.And another moment i would be frantically happy. My kids have been falling sick and it has took a toll on my health and work. Sometime I would get upset with myself, thinking if I had done enough or had done something wrong. I have spoken to my husband and being a man i dont expect him to understand how i feel completely. I have tried to remain positive and planned out schedules to have myself organise etc however, there are those moments that I will be down, tired and run down. I am not as motivated as I was before . How do you even help yourself in this situation?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can google for family counselling services like Fei Yue. There’re many branches in the neighbourhood with professional counsellors whom you can talk to about your feelings, which may be post natal depression. Also, can encourage your hubby to join you for sessions where both can talk about the issues and work towards better understanding. If no, can join some mummy support groups and talk to other mummies.

Read more

The walking away to compose yourself is a good method instead of lashing away. You are doing a good job! Do you have helper or plan to have one? Would be good for someone to help around you. From mummies around here I also learnt there’s a clinical physchologist for post-partum depression and I would encourage you for a visit. Don’t bottle everything up yourself.

Read more