Gynae recommendation

Hi mummies, I am a first time mummy and currently 23 weeks through pregnancy. My EDD is expected to be on end of June and I have yet to find a Gynae. Previous check up was at KKH, the doctor said that my placenta is rather low but she did not bother to explain what is the cause of it and what should I avoid etc.. Friends recommended me to try Mount A, ACJ Clinic.. but I’m in the dilemma to choose the Gynae. Dr Caroline Khi (She will be away from 8 June to 18 June) or Dr Candice Wang? Any recommendation? Thank you! ☺️

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hey there! Sorry I can’t give you the recommendations you’re asking for, but for the low placenta, before you get to see your new gynae, avoid intercourse and strenuous activities to prevent bleeding ok? Some placentas just plant themselves in the lower part of the womb (near the cervix) as the baby developed, not because of anything that you did, but it turned out that way. There’s still time and a possibility for the placenta to move upwards, so don’t fret and just keep following up with your gynae and doing the required ultrasound scans to monitor the progress. How does the eventual placental position affect you ultimately? If your placenta remains very low (placenta praevia) till the end, normal vaginal delivery may have a much higher risk of severe bleeding. In that case, your gynae may advise you to have a C-section delivery instead. If it moves up, then you can have normal vaginal delivery as one of the options for delivery. If your placenta also remains low and you have bleeding, you may be put on bed rest to protect your pregnancy. So for now, please take care of yourself and hope you’ll find a good gynae soon:)

Read more
4y trước

Thank you for the advice, appreciated much 😊