No pay leave during pregnancy

Hello mummies! I am currently 12weeks pregnant and my morning sickness have been quite a tough one for me. I had 2 weeks of HL but not well rested as work still bugs me. Have any of you mummies out there have taken NPL throughout your pregnancy? I am thinking of consuming all of my leave and take up NPL till I pop in Oct and then continue with ML. I have no motivation to work cause all I do is puke and felt lightheaded. Looking at the computer screen for too long too, causes my head to spin and ended up feeling lousy and non productive. I need some advice please. 😩 #pleasehelp #firstbaby #1stimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Does your job allow wfh? If can wfh, at least can take more breaks to rest in between.. 😉 But it really depends on your own comfort level. Cos my vomiting stopped at about 14w, after that I feel a lot better and can function as normal in tri 2. So i decided to continue working and earn money for the baby haha. Can discuss with your husband also, if you really can't take the nausea and need a break, just go along with what's better for yourself.

Read more
2y trước

Sadly, I'm doing clinical rounds as well as managing projects. The environment isn't conducive and work management been alot more toxic now, draining me out emotionally, mentally and physically. My boss wasn't too happy when I announced my pregnancy at an earlier stage. Hahaha, I would also love to work, but probably at a better positive environment.

I’m thinking of doing this too… i am feeling the exact same thing. I have no motivation to work and was thinking of going on unpaid leave at least until 2nd trimester where i HOPE i’d feel better :(( Have you made your decision yet? Seeing as this is an old post

2y trước

Hello! I took leaves in between and when I hit the 2nd trimester, things got better. Tbh, I really didn't have the motivation to be present at work and wfh isn't ideal as well cause the top management would want to see me onsite physically. So yeah, I'll take leaves on days that my morning sickness hit me badly. I hope you'll feel better in your 2nd trimester. Do try talk to your gynae if able to give you HL.

this was what I did but now am starting to feel better and thinking to return to work. you can discuss with your husband and work out something that is comfortable for you both! :)