NT is more than 3mm

hi mummies, has anyone ever been told that their baby NT is more than 3mm, and were told that baby might have a risk of down syndrome or any other abnormalities? i went for my checkup and did my scan and were told the bad news. didnt want to do any down syndrome test so i have to wait for 18 weeks to see how it goes. has anyone experienced this? i cannot stop thinking. couldn't stop crying either. and this is my second pregnancy.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

NT more than 2.5mm is alr off the range. I think it is better to quickly do NIPT test (don't go for oscar test, it will give u more nightmares due to its degree of inaccuracy) for accurate result. These info can be very haunting and leaves one paranoid, moreover down syndrome can happen on any # of pregnancy, if you can't get over it, should quickly do the test for peace of mind. I understand it's tough to hear these info, I cried upon my oscar test result too. Hope everything turns out well for u & bb.. all the best!

Read more
2y trước

oscar result was high risk, but nipt was low risk. my child is alr 9mths, healthy so far, so i conclude oscar is a waste of time and money