Hi any mummies encounter by baby crying a lot at infantcare..my baby is 5 mths old..heard a negative feedback that my baby cry need to carry and pat then my baby is ok....for me usually i will carry her when she cry want to slp or cranky. Feeling disappointed of what the teacher said...

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Babies are "programmed" to be carry and pat when they are crying. Theirs emotional and need are real by answering their need we are telling them they can trust the world which help to build their self esteem in a long run. I will not say it is a bad "habit" just because of that. I nurse and babywearing my girl to sleep up to now (she is 4) and she did not develop any bad "habits". In facts, we have an easy time for we first send her to playground when she is 18 months old as the trust is there. She took school bus all by herself from day 2 onward at 18 months old. She is also the first to sleep when it is nap time without the need to nurse or pat. Children are smart and when they feel safe and confidence about themselves they can be much more independent than we think they are. Don't get dispointed by what the teacher's share and follow your mother's instinct. You are the Mother and you know your baby the best. Just sharing my two cents worth and experience.

Read more