Hi any mummies encounter by baby crying a lot at infantcare..my baby is 5 mths old..heard a negative feedback that my baby cry need to carry and pat then my baby is ok....for me usually i will carry her when she cry want to slp or cranky. Feeling disappointed of what the teacher said...

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Actually it's kind of a bad habit that when baby want to sleep we have to carry and pat them. It can last up to 1 years old, or even 18 months or more. It's good to have a guidelines, by when must change/quit the habit, as the habit can be a ongoing till very big. What if (if only) u intend to put ur LO in playgroup starting 18 months, teachers won't carry and pat them to sleep, but here i experience and heard: 1. Call parents to bring the kid home to nap. (As they are concern about the growth, as in this age they need nap to grow better.) 2. Let them stay awake till nap over (teacher don't care as they know 1 day LO will sleep on his own) Hence it's more so called "harmful" to our LO. Don't worry, they will naturally wean off the bad habit for you. Just that, u need to coordinate with teachers to change their sleeping pattern.

Read more