Routine check up

Hi mummies, am considering going for NUH subsidized route. For routine check ups, what do Dr check during appt? Am I able to see baby? Or can only do so during detailed scan @ wk20/32? Thank you! #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For routine check-ups during pregnancy, your doctor will typically monitor your overall health and the well-being of your baby. These appointments are important for tracking the progress of your pregnancy and ensuring that both you and your baby are healthy. During these check-ups, the doctor will likely check your weight, blood pressure, and urine for any signs of complications such as gestational diabetes or preeclampsia. They will also listen to your baby's heartbeat to ensure that it is strong and regular. Your doctor may also measure the size of your uterus to track your baby's growth and development. While routine check-ups may not always involve a detailed ultrasound scan, especially in the early stages of pregnancy, you should be able to see your baby during these appointments using a Doppler ultrasound to listen to the heartbeat or feel movements as your pregnancy progresses. Detailed ultrasound scans are typically done around weeks 20 and 32 to assess your baby's anatomy and development. Choosing the NUH subsidized route for your check-ups can be a cost-effective option that still provides you with quality prenatal care. It is advisable to discuss with your doctor or healthcare provider any specific concerns or preferences you have regarding your appointments. Remember, these routine check-ups are an opportunity to address any questions or concerns you may have about your pregnancy and your baby's well-being. If you have more questions or need additional information, feel free to ask your healthcare provider or seek advice from other experienced mothers in your community. Congratulations on your pregnancy, and best wishes for a healthy and smooth journey ahead! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hi! I had my first checkup at NUH Jade clinic at 8 weeks. Doctor did a normal ultrasound to see baby and yolk sac. Doctor will also walk you through the options to test for Down syndrome and all that. You have to choose one for your next appointment. 2nd checkup was 4 weeks later (12 wk scan) at the Fetal Care Center. This is where they check for chromosomal abnormalities. Depending on what you chose, they’ll perform the tests on that day (I got my OSCAR scan here), then schedule a consult the following week for the Dr to discuss the results with you. 3rd appointment was 4 weeks after that. Dr just asked questions to check on mummy, and then used the Doppler to check fetal heartbeat. No scan here :( 3 weeks later I had my 20wk scan at the FCC. This is where you’ll get to see baby gender if you want to! Dr will take the required measurements of the baby and highlight if anything is out of range. But it will all only be discussed the following week during consult. When you reach Wk24, it’s time for the infamous fasting blood glucose test. So you’d have to fast from 12am and come in early the next morning to do your blood test and drink the glucose solution. Everything after this will be growth checks on the baby to see if everything is going well :) oh and at every checkup you go to for Jade clinic, you have to independently take your height and weight, BP and pee in a cup. It wasn’t made very clear to me back then, so I thought I’d let you know!

Read more
5d trước

May I also know for the appts after wk24, does it mean you will be able to see your baby every appt?