Newborn crying a lot during massage and bathing time

Hi Mummies, My baby boy is 3 weeks old and he cries murder when we massage him or bathe him After massage and bathing, he stops crying Is it normal ? How and when will this get better ? #advicepls #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My girl is also 3 weeks old. She cries too but things are getting better. We prepared the stuff and ran through the process before bathing. We cut short some of the steps (eg cleaning her face, eyes, ears and neck with warm water at the changing table). We cover her with a cloth diaper in the water to keep her warm. And we keep the bathing time short and praise her in a calm voice. Sometimes we feed her a little and rest for awhile before bathing, that will calm her. And feed the rest of the bottle again after bathing. Let’s continue to hope for the best 🫣😅

Read more
1y trước

Oh these are great tips. Let me try these. Hopefully he cries less

Influencer của TAP

completely normal just ensure you use the right temperature for water, keep the bath short. Do not massage a lot. Slowly you can develop a massage technique. It is quite normal and after a month or two it will reduce significantly

1y trước

Oh that is a relief to know. Thanks a lot :) Will be patient