Mothers guilt. I just screamed at my 18month that "i don't give a shit about your stupid grandmother (mil)" when she told me her grandmother went home.. I think all this mil nonsense is giving me alot of stress. (My husband was around when it happened. He knew that i had something against his mom.) Does anyone go thru the same? Sometimes vent it out on LO unnecessarily? Or do i need help?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try not to do it again.. curb ur emotions S in front of ur child but this happens to all of us! I kind of screamed at my toddler to stop asking me for milk at 5:30am this morning because he is always disrupting my sleep :( felt really bad afterwards and still went to make milk for him.. haiz...I thought it was 3am.. but when I saw it was 5:30am I felt so bad... cos that's still an ok time to ask for milk.. When he was 18 months, he always said "no" when he saw me and preferred my Mom, his primary caregiver. I got so upset, I told him he should go stay with my Mom and I just send $ to him every month since he only needs me for money.... anyway now I quit my job because of such things and I still need my Mom around to help me day to day as I'm pregnant. My Son still sticks to her like glue when she's around. It just this Grandmother-grandchild bond.. they know grandma will always give in and can bully grandma, while mama is always more strict. :) I used to get jealous a lot .. even jealous when my toddler plays with my helper.. haiz.. this mummy jealousy thing is hard to explain but a lot of us feel it!!! cheer up.

Read more

When you have a monster in laws like mine, these scenes are common. Ha ha I always have to shout and scream my two girls especially the elder after a meet up session with her grandparents. It is either she start to question me why grandparents allow her to eat sweet, ice-cream or playing with food but I don't allow her too. My husband know I got serious problems with his parents too. For my case, I will apologise to my children after I vent or shout at them but I tell them I don't give in to bad behaviour too.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

hey mummy. this is very normal a lot times my elder keep gong gong, gong gong. I went mad and screamed at him. after cooling, i apologised to my son. i agree sometimes our inlaws drives us mad

Read more

Normal. I scream shout and yell too. Now i feel bad. Ive been saying nasty things and being super mean. we all need help at some point in time and you dont need to feel down okay. Cheer up

do go for parenting and marriage classes... it helps u see things in perspective n lower ur stress level. will learn skills how to handle out laws n in laws...

Sweetie no one is perfect. I suggest foryouto take a step back. Breathe and relax.