Moms, any tricks to share on how to get power naps? I feel like I'm a walking zombie inside the house.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I work with several clients online, I have 2 kids and we don't have a nanny. My husband and I are both stay at home parents but we have our own online businesses. I realized that working from home is so much busier compared to when I was working in the corporate world. Maybe because I am in charge of everything. The only time I can take naps is when I put my babies to sleep in between work. I am able to recharge for 10-15 minutes and I need to go back to work again. This is my life as a work at home mom.

Read more

I suppose you are a stay at home mom? For hands on moms like us, the only time I get the chance do power naps is when the kids are also sleeping, literally. I put then to bed and I sleep on their side, but I also set the alarm after a certain number of minutes so I can still do other stuff while they are asleep. Power naps are really just naps to boost our energy again for our other activities for the day. I'm thankful sometimes even with a 10-minute nap before I go back to my domestic duties.

Read more

I'm obviously no mom, but I still know a few things about sneaking in some power naps! My wife and i try a lot of different ways to ensure that one of us can sneak in some power naps from tiem to time. For me, what works best for my wife and I is dividing the parenting responsibilities. Then, once one of us is free to take a brief nap, we try reading in a quiet room. It usually takes me about 10 minutes to get sleepy when using this strategy but, hey, a nap is always worth it!

Read more

I've read that taking a coffee right before a nap gives an instant boost. It sounds counter-intuitive, yes, but science explains that caffeine takes about 15 mins to kick in to our system. Just make sure you get to sleep immediately and wake up after 15 minutes. They say it feels refreshing

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-10988)

Sleep when your baby is sleeping. Most moms also tell me that. If you can get help by having someone look over your child, it will really help as well.

If you're kid has a favorite hero, let's say Spiderman, tell him that Spiderman sleeps in the afternoon to become stronger.