hot bath in pregnancy trimester 2

Hi, Moms. Now I'm in the second trimester and, for some reason, I often feel very achy. Yesterday, I came home from work and soaked in the bathtub with warm water. It felt so good to relax and it really helped me sleep soundly afterward. But I just found out that hot baths are not allowed during pregnancy? I'm really panicking. Has anyone else done or experienced the same thing?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on reaching the second trimester of your pregnancy! It's totally normal to feel achy during this time, and it's great that you found some relief by soaking in a warm bath. I can understand why you might be worried after hearing that hot baths are not recommended during pregnancy. While it's true that hot baths can potentially raise your body temperature to unsafe levels for your baby, soaking in warm water is generally considered safe. The key is to make sure the water is not too hot - it should be comfortably warm, but not hot enough to raise your body temperature significantly. You could also try limiting your time in the bath to 10-15 minutes to be on the safe side. If you find that warm baths really help with your achiness and relaxation, you may want to consider trying a warm bath instead of a hot one. And if you're still feeling unsure, it's always a good idea to check with your healthcare provider just to get their opinion. I hope this helps ease your worries a bit. Take care of yourself and enjoy those relaxing soaks in the bathtub! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

If it’s just lukewarm water and soak for 10-15 mins should be ok

💕

💕

🤍

🤍