Progesta medication

Hi mommies. Went for my 7 week scan today. Doctor saw 2 sacs. 1 sac is empty and the other sac had embryo and could hear heartbeat. Doc Said most probably initially it started out as twins but the 1 egg did not fertilise that’s why there’s 2 sacs. I also do not have twins gènes in m’y family Line. Prescribed me progesta for 1 month, vaginal insert to assist in case there might be light spotting from the empty sac trying to release itself. Doc Said thé medicine is to help with this. Next scan is 10 weeks However I feel abit doubtful to have this med. as i was thinking it might affect my healthy embryo and sac? Did anyone have the same experience before or if thé specific medicine helps with what doc said? #firstmom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hihi, I have experienced something similar but not entirely the same as you so I’ll just share my experience. At my week 6 scan (at kkh) my ultrasound technician spotted ‘something that looked like a 2nd sac’ that was empty. My 1st sac had yolk and fetal pole so heartbeat was detected. At week 7 I went to my private gynae and she couldn’t find the empty sac anymore but baby’s heartbeat is detected and growing well. I had brown discharge on and off during week 5-6. So I think your doctor is right in saying that there might be spotting from the empty sac trying to release itself as I believe that was what happened to me. Because of my brown discharge, my doctor prescribed me progesterone oral medication to be taken 3 times daily until 12 weeks. I’m guessing from the name (Progesta) it could be something similar but you need to confirm with your doctor. What I am taking is actually progesterone tablets which is actually hormones that will supplement the baby and prevent miscarriage. These pills are taken by women with threatened miscarriage as well so it is very safe. I am in week 13 now and baby is growing well. 😊 Hope this helps.

Read more

Hi I think you are being prescribed progestrone vaginal insert? Mine is under the name of endometrin. It's prescribed to help maintain the pregnancy so it doesnt affect the healthy embryo.