mommies know about first aid or first thing to do if a toddler accidentally swallow a coin ?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

The first thing to do would be to take the child to the emergency room. Though it is likely that the coin will simply pass through his/her system, there is still a chance that it may get stuck in the esophagus or in the intestines. In such cases, the child would likely display the following symptoms: - The child could drop the saliva continuously from the mouth - Have difficulty in swallowing anything - Vomiting - Experience pain in the neck or chest If the coin gets stuck in the intestine and tears intestinal walls, a variety of symptoms may present, such as: - blood in the stool (could appear dark) - bowel sounds that are not normal - stomach pain - vomiting While waiting for the coin to pass, do not try to make your child vomit, or give you child anything to drink or eat. Laxative would not help as well. For more information, you can refer to this article: http://www.livestrong.com/article/236429-what-happens-if-my-child-swallows-a-coin/

Read more
8y trước

I think it's quite a common scenario given that coins are something that can be found around the house.. and children love putting things in their mouths. haha.. Great that you brought it up. I think most may just wait it out (and it is very likely th