Placenta prévia

Any mommies here facing placenta prévia? Does the placenta mostly move up by itself by third trim?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I faced this! So did my good friend, but hers moved up by third tri. Mine didn't. Tbh I was worried, upset and stressed. Because of this condition I had to have a c-sec. But all's good in the end, my baby girl arrived safe and healthy last year. Do note that mums with this condition won't be able to purchase maternal insurance. That's what I know based on my encounters with various insurers.

Read more
2y trước

Yes we confirmed a csec around the week 30 something PD appt when we saw the placenta was still covering the cervix. I'm also a first time mum and I was very very anxious. to be honest, I didn't specially motivate or calm myself down, because I was really upset, stressed and anxious. My husband was the one who had to keep reassuring me, comforting me after every PD visit. And then I took comfort in knowing that elective csect is good, at least we had a confirmed date and we could prepare things and my mind mentally.