Hello mommies and daddies. I am abit kiasu. Next June, we are bringing our little one for our first family vacation overseas. She will be 1yr 3mth old next June. It will be her first flight and holiday to Perth (winter). 1) what do you pack in your hand carry bag (stuff for mom n child)? 2) do you get your diapers/formula milk over in Aust itself so that you don't have that much to pack/bring? 3) how do you dress/layer your child? 4) how did you prepare your lo's meals as she might not be eating the same outside food as adults? do u bring any special pot or cooker to prep lo's food? Thanks everyone!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We went this yr in June for 3 weeks when my kiddos are 5 n 2. The weather can be chilly as the wind blows so prep down jacket with hood to keep child warm. 1) I prepared some games / writing pads for them. Flying time was their nap time so half of the time, they were zzz. I packed some snacks, water, milk, wet wipes, changing clothes etc. 2) i brought their diapers and a small tin of milk (900g) 3) in flight, wear Long sleeve and jeans with socks and shoes. Prepare a jacket coz will be cold when u reach Perth. In Perth, I let them wear thermal wear to zzz coz temp dropped, cotton on thermal wear inside with Long sleeve then with their jacket over. Glove if neccessary. City area not v cold but countryside or lesser tall buildings will be colder coz less obstruction. 4) I brought along electric lunch box. Ingres are freshly bought fr the supermkt (everywhere). I cooked most of our dinners too as we stayed in apt and night comes fast (530pm and is dark). Steaks are cheap and good.

Read more
7y trước

Thank you Tresa for being so kind and helpful! Appreciate the advice and all your sharing. May I know what is the brand of electric lunch box that you brought along with you? I have not seen/used one before but I see it being mentioned in this forum a couple of times. Sounds interesting.

I'm also intending to bring my LO who will be 1 yr 2 mths to perth next may! Haha

7y trước

Sorry for the late response! Mine's 27th March!

thanks