Subsidized or Private

Hi mommas I'm currently 17 weeks and is reading a lot on the cost of giving birth, just to prepare more.. Can anyone share with me what are the pros and cons of private or subsidized. Really curious and would like to consider my options properly. #FTM #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m assuming you are comparing govt. hospital Private: - more costly (almost comparable to a private clinic outside. But of course hospital fee is still cheaper in govt hospital) - can pick your gynae. Some gynaes are nice enough to give you their private contact so you can reach out to them when you have urgent questions/requires immediate advice - (sometimes) shorter waiting time Public: - Cheaper (almost by half) - you get different gynaes at every visit - (sometimes) longer waiting time Most of my friends choose to go private closer to 3rd trimester because they want a specific gynae for childbirth. Most of the expensive tests/vaccines should already be done by end of 2nd trimester so if cost is a big factor, will suggest staying as subsidised patient till then.

Read more