milk needs in baby 4 months old

Mom, is it normal if my baby (4.5 months old) breastfeeds very rarely, mostly only 5 times a day... he's not very active, he refuses to breastfeed unless it's his feeding schedule. He's very skinny compared to other babies his age... I'm worried but confused about what to do. My mother and husband say we don't need to go to the doctor for now. After all, he's not sick. But I'm still not at ease because my baby rarely cries too.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! I totally understand your concern about your baby's feeding habits and weight gain. It's normal for babies to have different feeding patterns, some may breastfeed more frequently than others. However, if your baby is only breastfeeding 5 times a day and seems less active, it might be worth looking into. Since your baby is also on the skinnier side compared to other babies his age, it's important to monitor his weight gain and growth regularly. You could try offering the breast more frequently throughout the day, even if it's not his usual feeding schedule. This might help increase his overall milk intake and ensure he's getting enough nutrients for healthy development. If you're still worried, it wouldn't hurt to consult with a healthcare provider or a lactation consultant. They can provide personalized advice and check if there are any underlying issues affecting your baby's feeding habits and weight gain. Remember, it's always better to address any concerns early on to ensure your baby's well-being. In the meantime, keep an eye on your baby's overall behavior and well-being. If he rarely cries but seems less active, it's still essential to ensure he's getting the necessary nourishment for his growth and development. Trust your instincts as a mom and seek professional guidance if needed. Take care, and I hope everything works out well for you and your little one! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more