cereal in bottle

my mil wants to feed my lo cereal mixed with bm in bottle when she is turning 4mths. and even said want to cook porridge for her. i read that it isn't good to feed solid so fast. what r your thoughts

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No advisable especially cereal in bottle, LO might get choked especially drinking from bottle while laying down..any solid(cereal) at all has to be consumed while sitting upright to prevent choking. Pls get your PD “green light” to start solid. Recommended age is 6 months and above when LO able to sit upright and digestive system is fully ready.

Read more

Can try very slowly from 4 months onwards But in small portions See if lo wants and at the end of day is really getting the cues from them if they want to start venturing to solids and can search on weaning signs

Super Mom

Cereal in the bottle better not.. may choke... if wan to try better feed by spoon.. but if the baby doesn't open her mouth when the spoon reach her mouth means she is not ready.. better to wait

Super Mom

Not sure if it is safe to put cereal in a bottle. Seems quite dangerous to me.. Baby might choke on the cereal. Consult your PD to check when is the ideal time for your baby to start on solids.

Yeah agree with the mummies to avoid feeding in bottle to prevent choking. And slowly introduce solids, after 6 months.

Thành viên VIP

Hi... start solids from 6 months. Porridge or cereals are fine as long as you spoon-feed.

Pls wait for PD to say yes before attempting solids! Just scared bb not fully ready yet

Yes best to start after 6 months and very slowly,

Thành viên VIP

Wait till she's 6mths at least.

Better to start after 6 months