how to reject my mil 😵‍💫

my mil previously helped me with confinement stuff but we always ended up arguing she helped me with confinement food and bathing baby for my first. i'm currently with my second and i do not need her help with my confinement as i'm buying confinement meals, etc and my husband and I already discussed that he'll help me bath our newborn during my confinement period and i'll take care of the second but my mil always love to control everything she even controlled our rom and ring selection.... and guessed what she butt in and told my husband she'll be staying with us during confinement period and asked my husband to give her $1.5k even when we didn't asked for her help she also know that i'll be ordering confinement food. honestly i think it's really unnecessary for her to "help" as she didn't really help much with my first but gave me postpartum depression ☹️ my first she only did my confinement food and bathing baby other than that i did the rest putting baby to sleep, changing diapers, etc. so her "help" with my second one is much NOT NEEDED AT ALL. the problem is i want to reject her but i don't know how to say it as she gets offended VERY EASILY. and we sort of got bad blood because of the past.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh my. This sounds very stressful 😰 maybe you can try to talk to your husband about how you think and feel? It might be easier for him to talk to your mother in law since she is your husband’s mother. However, please make sure he uses the correct words so it will not make your mother in law thinks you are the bad person or trying to control everything and in the end worsen the relationship even more.

Read more