allowance to MIL

my MIL would like to take care of my LO after my 4 months maternity leave and she is asking for 1000 per month. What's your take ?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

If she is working and quitting her job to help take care of LO, with the allowance to help with monthly expenses, meals etc. U can discuss with ur spouse and see if it is within both of your means to provide $1000 monthly to mil. If not possible to give that much, u have to ask ur husband to explain to her nicely.

Read more

Depends if she is taking care of baby at her place 24/7? My mom tc of my girl while i go to work, basically 24/7 and I’m passing her 1k per month excluding baby food/milk powder etc. I find it reasonable actually. Before she stay home to tc my baby, earns more than that 😂

Super Mom

That’s slightly higher than a nanny. So personally I think it’s fine considering she will be only watching one LO. But on the other hand, if she wants so much, also need terms and conditions just like a third party nanny.

Thank you all for your reply. She's a retiree. I just didn't think that looking after your own grandchild will require 1k per month. My husband is already paying the house expenses that's why she is asking it from me.

5y trước

Is your parents still around? If yes, do you have enough left to give them some money after giving your MIL $1K? Are you and hubby combine income really stable(no debt etc)? Is she caring for your child 24/7? Is the $1K she asking for includes milk & diaper expenses?

Super Mom

If you can manage your finances. After deducting your LO expenses, I think it's fair.. plus she is your MIL, better than helper or other people.

I don't think is alot as Confinement Nanny out there is at least 2.8k, and mil is more trusted as lo is her own flesh and blood

1k not include milk powder and diaper right. After giving 1k your hub and you have enough $ to spend on other things?

Super Mom

But why did she ask you? Thot her son (your husband) should give her allowance?

Depends on your household cash flow. If you find it reasonable then ok.

1k I rather send to nanny than my mil (sorry bad r/s with her).