Aversion to water?

Hey mamas, I've been very conscious of hydrating myself. But I cannot stand the taste of plain mineral water and have to drink sweet water if not I'll feel nauseous. My go to drink has been Pokka Ice Lemon Tea and I know that's not the healthiest alternative :( Any of you facing the same issues? Or if you have any suggestions for water alternatives?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

oh wow same as me! i puked so much when i drank plain water and only able to drink super cold plain water. tried lemon water and still doesn't work. i then opt for Pokka Green Tea (my everyday go to). and glad i'm not a sweet tooth even way before pregnancy, maybe that's why i don't have any GD. try smth healthier - less sugar option if possible.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

You can try to sip water now and then instead of drinking more in one go. also try to add lemon peel or orange zest which will give a taste at the same time it doesn't contribute much to sugar level. Drink fresh coconut water. Drink fresh fruit juice with less sugar. Soon the aversion might fade after which you can drink plain water too

Read more

Me too! Try iced cold water or warm water, somehow room temperature water tastes worst to me. I also drink honey with warm water, warm water with honey slices, milo and Vitasoy (less sweet).

yep me too! so far i treat myself to a low sugar vitasoy per day or UFC's coconut water. maybe you can try adding in fruits to your plain water just for some flavour?

1y trước

thank you for your suggestion! i'll try this out

Me too! I can’t drink ice water as it has a smell to me. My method is to mixed it with a little bit of Pocari. It helps to change the taste a bit.

I drank Ribena less sweet :) however do take note, my gynea cautioned me to tone down from 2nd trimester onwards as we will be having GDM test.

How bout lemon water? Squeeze a few drops of lemon into your plain water. Can drink soups, Milo, fresh fruit juice or fruit infused water.

1y trước

oh yes, have been drinking milo too! but i'll give fruit infused water a try. thank you for your suggestion!

Yup, I had the same issue. Icy cold water helps. Put a lot a lot a lot of ice in the cup with fridge-cold water

Pasturised orange juice or coconut water but moderately pls..

Try green tea bag soak in water or fruit infused