End of maternity leave

Hi mamas, I’m a FTM and I’m going back to work next month. Of course if I have a choice I would rather stay at home and care for my own baby. The arrangement when I start work is that my own mum will care for my baby during the weekdays. But then my MIL suddenly insist that she wants to take care of my baby as well during her off days. (She’s still working btw). I do not have any issues with her previously but then she does not have any experience taking care of a baby. I’m staying with my MIL btw and so far she doesn’t even do the basic routine care like changing of diapers/showering or making milk for my baby. How can I entrust my baby with her if she does not even know the basic routine care? Likewise she’s in her 60s and I’m afraid she’s not strong enough to handle my baby and if anything were to happen, who’s going to be responsible? Can you see my dilemma? I’m trying not to be stressed out about this matter but then how could I? If you’re in my shoes, what would to do, any advice 😭

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Let your husband do the talking.