So close to giving up

Hi mamas, I am facing extreme stress from work recently and I am sooooo close to giving up.. My boss came to me and 'assumed' that my family is asking me to rest more so my work is affected?? The fact is... ever since i got pregnant i haven't taken any MC.. never request for additional wfh .. i continue working after hours and over time(work till 1/2am once).. i never slack and sometimes skip meals(i know is bad but i snack) Not only that but my workload has increased alot along with the responsibilities that comes with it... I feel quite discriminated even though boss is a women? unsure why she wil say that to me... She often say that during her pregnancy she could still do alot of stuff out of the norm that pregnant women usually do?(like climbing, carrying) At this point i really want to quit my job but my husbands pay definitely cannot sustain the family, house and bills.. I am unsure what to do apart from 'tahan-ing' #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sounds like what I went through too. My boss was also a lady and a mother of 3 at that. But somehow she and my team were not supportive the moment they knew I was pregnant. I eventually left my job after 3 months of tolerating their nonsense as i did not conceive easily and my mental health and baby mattered more to me. Could you perhaps try to look for a part time job or a job to get income just to tide through your pregnancy period?

Read more
2y trước

Unfortunately I didn’t manage to secure another job while pregnant because all the recruiters/companies I encountered were not keen the moment I told them I was pregnant 🥲 so I decided to take a year off and look for a job once my baby is around 6 months old. Hope you have better luck than me in your job hunt!

Hi mummy, if you will ask me, mental health is very important and should prioritize.

2y trước

Totally agree! Hopeful to get out asap!

Post reply image