Starting solids with baby - baby in infant care?

Hello all! :) My LO is turning 6 months in a few weeks time & am currently researching on how to start solids with him. He is currently in infant care, so I was wondering how should we start solids if he's in infant care most of day time(est 8:30am -5:30pm), when we fetch him back, he's quite sleepy already ... 🤔 Is it possible to give early in the morning ? #FTM

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, my baby started solid when she is in ifc too. We started from weekends, after 2-3 weeks of weekends we inform the school that she is ready for solids in school. My baby’s school start her with 1 meal then slowly transit to 2 meals in school after two months.

Ifc sill start giving breakfast/solid from 6 months. So you dont have to worry about weekdays. And they only need 1 meal a day. You can feed baby on weekends. I started solid on the weekends before he turn 6 months. Just puree.

speak with ifc teacher to start abit. n u can do it on weekends yourself. starting is just about exploring different food. not really eating. more to playing, touching, tasting.

You can try solidstarts ! It’s amazing I BLW my son and at 12months he eats his food himself with utensils , makes zero to no mess and also not fussy!!

q