would like to check wz mummy here.. a lot of people tell me baby can't drink plain water issit true..my girl is coming to 4 month and currently bf . when can I give her water ?

43 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Water is not required below 6 months of age. Breastmilk or formula has enough water to sustain the baby and any more than that may cause water intoxication.

It is true. Do not feed plain water to babies below 6 months. The milk they take in is enough fluid. Plain water might cause colic too.

Thành viên VIP

Babies below 6 months don't need any water as they are fully breastfeed. breastmilk already has enough water for them.

breastfed babies dont need water. your milk is alr 88% water. until lo has started solids then can slowly intro water

their body system is not fully develeoped, eg kidney, to handle water. once you start solids, slowly intro water. (:

Bf no need water cause mummies have already drink lots of water. And formula need abit water cause abit heaty.

I gave my boy some sips of water when he was 5.5MO as he started solid food. And he is still growing up well at 10MO.

Post reply image
8y trước

galing. pwede pala watermelon

you can give 1 tea spoon of water to baby under 6 mo only if needed. e.g. after taking medicine.

Whether is true or not ~Since already never give lo drink water for 4 month~ just tahan 2 more months ~ :)

Best to give water only when they start solids. Your breastmilk is sufficient to keep your lo hydrated