HL after a miscarriage

Hi ladies who have been through pregnancy loss previously…wondering how long HL did u ask/ was given? I told my gynae I will be doing a 2 weeks mini confinement and asked for 2 weeks HL. She only issued me 5 days and said subsequent days will be under MC. That’s her usual practice apparently…but seriously, only 5 days HL for miscarriage, does it make sense?? This is my 2nd pregnancy loss within 5 months and she knows about it. I am sure she is also aware of my emotional state as well, as I cried a few times during consultation. I just don’t get it why a private gynae would refuse to extend HL for patients😔 it makes me feel that she has no empathy and personal touch for her patients

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was given 1 week HL. I lost my baby in the 1st trimester. then I went to work for 2 days. then when I went for my follow up on day 3, hubby told doc that I was still crying quietly in bed. doc gave me another 1 week of HL to rest. I guess it's case by case basis. in my case, hubby was the one talking. I was still emotionally distraught.

Read more

my loss at 8 weeks, given 1 week too. husband asked Dr for longer and was told for maids, they start work the next day itself. eventually he gave me 10 days. his rationale is that we are emotionally upset and doesn't help to keep staying at home and cry. it didn't make sense to me at first but once I was back at work, I think it is true.

Read more

I was given 5 days HL for my previous miscarriage - but then i was only in my 3rd month. Somehow somewhat it was better that way - stayed home too long didn’t really benefit me. I would simply end up overthinking. If you need additional, you can ask actually for an extension.

Perhaps the duration depends on how far along you were? I had an early miscarriage at 7-8 weeks and I was given 1 wk HL. My gynae did ask if I needed longer but I didn't want as being a teacher I couldn't afford to go on longer leave.

I was given a week, but I requested to go back work earlier cause I am alone at home and will keep crying. Being at work helps to divert my attention and it’s better for me emotionally.

Thành viên VIP

It is actually depends with how far u were. Sometimes the doctor cant issue the HL too long cos in case your company question the doctor and report him/her to MOH

my past experience private gyne given me 3weeks MC no HL. kkh gyne give 3days HL. nurse told everyone same. but when follow up I ask for 2weeks. they provide HL.

I had an ectopic pregnancy few yrs back and doc gave me 1 month of HL, u may try request w the doctor see what they can do for you

I think best say that u r really not well to work n would love to extend ur HL. Stay brave.. Stay strong. ❤️❤️❤️

I was not given like any days MC when i had miscarriage. Was only given MC when i went back for check up thats it.