How Soon Shd U See The Doctors?

Hi ladies, m currently into my 11 wks. After confirming my pregnancy at a clinic, I decided to go thru with public hosp (got a referral to NUH) however my nx appt, would only be in early June. NUH advised me to go to private clinics for earlier checkups if I want. Is it OK to wait? My 1st checkup the doc gave me folic acid and aspirin. My BMi is obese n m in my mid 30s - 1st pregnancy. Any advice?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi ladies! I've had 2 doc visits. 1 to do ultrascan & other was at polyclinic to get referral. my blood tests was at private hosp. Was contemplating whether to do the Oscar at NUH but since appt only Jun, not sure if I shd wait till then or proceed to do at private. Trying to also to be as cost saving as possible at this time. :/

Read more

I waited for my first appointment at NUH for quite a while too but I was still in my early weeks at that time. If you’re worried, best to check with other hospitals if they have earlier appointments? Otherwise, go to a private clinic first. At least you’ll get your first ultrasound scan and find out your EDD too.

Read more

If u cant wait change to other hospital of possible..

Have you done your first trimester screening?

4y trước

Hmmmm, then it seems like you have a check at around week 11-12 and the next one is at around week 20. Might be ok, cos next critical scan is at week 20, but that’s assuming NUH can schedule u for this scan timely. Under a private gynae, a check will also be scheduled at around week 16 - but I think this is not as critical as week 12 and 20 checks

Super Mom

Hi! So you’ve been to NUH once already?

4y trước

Got it! Thanks! :D