Does anyone have any experience between the main few hospitals that are known for their gynaes?

is kkh still considered the top or has anyone experience different hospitals for comparison? am a first time mummy! i know of alot of ppl born in kkh but my siblings were all born in sgh so i was wondering whats the best choice

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First pregnancy in kkh were all good till I about to deliver , having the epidural was hell as I didn’t get my own gynae so any nurses and doctor are allowed to check on me and I believe the person who helped me in epidural are still a trainee and my life nearly taken away by her . Another doctor kept apologised to me and assured me to call a senior to help me out with the second attempt on the epidural . After all everything were good . Currently on my second pregnancy , I still decided to choose kkh as its nearest to my house and also after first experience over there , I believe I can be more aware and know what to do or maybe can request for senior to help me if I’m going for epidural again 👊

Read more

All of my siblings were born in NUH except for my younger sister. My mum had a bad experience there as the nurse pressed on my younger sister’s forehead and it left a mark until primary school. She went back to NUH for our last sibling. Personally, I also delivered at NUH and the nurses were great ♥️

Read more
1h trước

golly, i really hope so too. Thank gosh your siblings marks manage to fade although 24 years is extremely long, seems like a super power almost. I'm hearing mixed reviews about kkh even now so i'm still considering my choices! but thank you so much for sharing!

First pregnancy in KKH and the nurses took so much care of me I was emotional to leave. I was a private client with Dr Manisha and when she delivered my baby (emergency c sec) she touched my forehead and told me everything is well before she left the OT. That little gesture made me cry coz I was so nervous and she was like a mother assuring me. I love my experience with her and KKH.

Read more
1h trước

awwwww that was so sweet of her! a memory like that at one of your most vulnerable period must have been something u cherish deeply! Were you with dr manisha throughout ur consultations as well? :)

my first born in parkway east. private, the service was really good, nurse n doctor all professional. currently I am pregnant, I am trying NUH, let's see how the service, if really not that good, maybe will switch to KKH.

16h trước

would love to know how your experience goes! i was born in a private hospital as well but to be more cost effective in the long run i think i wanted to try the public hospitals

Actually all 3 hospitals kkh, nuh and sgh have their own pros and cons. Bad experience in either one hospital doesn't mean it's the same for others. If i were you i would choose the one that's nearest to my home

9h trước

That's actually a good way to gauge hospitals! but sgh and kkh are about the same distance from my home so i might have to choose between the 2!

both deliveries at kkh and I'm thankful my experience was overall good. I can't make any comparison but heartening to know docs and nurses are on standby to be there w you. assuring as well

16h trước

That's so good to hear that you had good experience! were you at kkh even for consultations with the doctors?

I went to kkh for my first pregnancy and then nuh for second pregnancy. I would choose nuh again the next time. Waiting time is shorter and service is great 😊

1h trước

hehehe thanks for the tip! i see u went with a different route from some other! i've heard some mummies gg private for gynaes to have a shorter waiting time and then gg public for birth! i'm surprised! This is a second time i'm hearing of prof/ dr citra! that's getting me more excited!

Would recommend NUH also, service is good and waiting time is not too long. Heard horror stories about KKH from a lot of friends, glad I didn’t go there.

1d trước

oh dear, recently my friend who just gave birth at KKH also shared with me that they dont rlly provide much after care for mummies so i was wondering as well if other hospitals are the same?

I had bad experienced at kkh. Will never go there again. I would rather travel from north east to NUH :)

1h trước

Thank you for sharing! I'm rlly hearing alot of good stories about nuh so far

My first born and 2nd born was at kkh, so far all good except the waiting time is long

16h trước

that's totally great to hear! would you recommend?