FTS high risk

Hi, KKH just called me today and informed me that my FTS results is considered high risk. It's 1 over 45 for DS. I'm 34 going on 35 in August. We had seen the NT scan and the nuchal translucency level was only 2.7mm which is considered normal range. Even the counsellor met us after the scan and told us everything is normal. Now how they derived to high risk after doing the blood test boggles my mind. The person who called me also told my age went was also factor in the calculation and considered high risk. Is the number 1 over 45 worrying? I do understand that alot of people have mentioned that FTS provides false positives. We did NIPT before FTS but it was "no results" hence we went ahead with FTS. #FTM #AdvisePlease

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes 1 in 45 is high risk. In fact I heard 1 in 300 and lower is already considered high (but those age 35 and above have a base risk of 300 already which immediately is high risk). I took the test 1 month before my 35th birthday and my risk was 1 in 2000+ (adjusted). Suggest you take the harmony NIPT for a 2nd check. FTS has a high false positive rate, so maybe NIPT can help you with more accuracy.

Read more
11mo trước

I did not do a NIPT because my FTS passed. However, my plan was to do NIPT in the event it does fail. NIPT has a chance to have "no result" but KKH would not charge you for those tests that has no result.

it is quite worrying. do consider taking NIPT again, i think KKH allows a retest if the first one indicates no results.

Do u have an update