maternity pad or normal pad

Hi, issit ok to use normal pad as maternity pad? I have normal one about 40cm long and some people say I can use that and double up. Is there any difference between normal and maternity pad? TIA

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is depends on your comfort. Yes, you can wear a normal pad but maternity pad is much more softer and gentle on your skin after all those injuries you had through Vagina birth. I'd recommend maternity pad for a better feeling, absorption etc. In my opinion, maternity pad is better. Menstruation flow ain't as much as Postpartum period, even if you wore a maternity pad... You still have to change very oftenly. Let alone wearing a normal pad, get what I mean? Normal pad isn't as soft as Maternity pad, there is a reason why they made different pad. After all, it's your choice.

Read more
Super Mom

Which hosp are you giving birth in? At TMC, they will provide a pack of Intimate maternity pads (no wings). I found that sufficient. After that I switched to the normal pad (35cm & abv) with wings.. Otherwise, Sofy cooling pads are nice to use as it gives you that cooling sensation, esp after having a vaginal delivery.. I also find Kotex Overnight Panties comfortable to use during initial lochia discharge. You want something that doesn’t shift too much :)

Read more
5y trước

My hospital is NUH. Ouh that's a good idea to use the kotex panties. :)

Thành viên VIP

the hospital did provide maternity pads, it's thick and has no wings, hard to move with a thick pad, luckily I bring overnight pads, the thin one with wings, I just put 2 pcs in my disposable panties (make T shape), it feels better, but maybe the absorbent is not as good as maternity pad as the blood is thicker than normal period blood

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Yes, I used maternity pad initially but found them too thick for my comfort and later switched to the normal flow pads with wings. Most maternity pads are exp and do not come with wings which doesn't make me feel secure as I might stain the bed.

Super Mom

I prefer normal pad. Maternity pad has no wings and so thick... I hated it... I used kotex overnight panty after giving birth. It is super good and comfy. No need to worry about leakage or anything.

Super Mom

Hi mummy, for me it's enough to use the normal pad which are for overnight. I find them more comfortable then maternity pads which are way too thick!

Hi, It very much depends on your comfort level also, which pad to use but if the normal pad is able to absorb the blood flow, then it should be fine

Thành viên VIP

Can but I prefer maternity pad as I feel it is softer. I had natural birth and the stitches rub against normal pad hurt a little

Thành viên VIP

Normally normal pad would be fine. Maternity pad may be too thick n uncomfortable at times. Just personally felt so (:

Influencer của TAP

It all boils down to which one can support your period well and is comfortable to use.