Is tickling babies' tummies good or bad?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There appears to be no actual studies done on the effects of tickling a baby. Here is my two cents: I think in general, tickling could be an unpleasant experience for some. I personally do not enjoy being tickled. However, it elicits a natural response of laughing. Babies may then appear to be enjoying the tickling even though that may not be true. Babies are also unable to move away from the tickling. Still, I do not think there is any detrimental impact to the baby. Perhaps just be more wary of the baby’s body language to see if whether the tickling has reached a stage that is causing discomfort to him/her.

Read more

I don't think there's any effects on tummy tickling and I strongly agree with Hui Qun. Some babies squeal in glee and giggle if you tickle their tummies but I've seen some who cried so hard when tickled. Play by the ear, if the baby is giggly and happy okay fine but if the baby's just stoning at you and his mouth is upturning, please stop unless you will be the one to calm the baby down and not his mother.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2237)

thanks

Thank you Hui!