The in laws have been coming over to our place almost every weekend and lo is already 2 years old. Always buy a lot of ingredients (fish/ meat etc) (when I told them not to) and started doing household chores like it's their own house! I know they are nice BUT!!! Sometimes I really hope they don't meddle so much. Sigh. So Weekends ended up staying home that we don't have our own personal family time at all / too tired to go out after their visit. I feel very frustrated and seems to have no other way to stop them since it's their first grandchild. I also can't stand that they insist on speaking in English (very broken ones). when LO can understand mandarin perfectly fine. Then I need to re-teach LO again that the English used was wrong. How to let them know in a tactful way? Am I the only one thinking that way?? ?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There are 2 days in a weekend. Which day do they come? If once a week, I think it's fine. But if it's twice a week then it's abit too much. Can restrict to once a week. What they're doing sounds quite ok la.. Not so bad. As for broken English.... if ur toddler is only exposed to it once a week, it won't really affect him. Just correct his English if he says something in broken English.

Read more