Second hand smoking

Hi, in my last recent scan was told my baby has black image in the heart through the scan. But dr haven't confirm if its a risk. Since im pregnant, my sister and her boyfriend has been smoking outside of the house despite me telling them to go far away to smoke. Im okay with it but im more worried about my unborn child even if my baby doesn't have any issues. I mean, I've become super protective of my baby since i was pregnant as it been hard to conceive took me almost a 2 yrs. I will do anything just to keep my baby safe and healthy. What should i do? Im so stress at home. I feel like they just don't care.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As per your previous reply, don’t bother about what people thinks, especially when it comes to the safety of your baby and your wellbeing. I will go all hulk mode when it comes to my baby, I don’t care who you are. They probably thinks, I’m already smoking outside of the house and not inside, I’m doing my part. How about staying in the room for awhile after they smoke and setting up a air purifier in your room? If they can’t go further, try to mask up. You’re just protecting your baby, do whatever you feel is safe and best.

Read more

yes. i have air purifier, i sat in my room door closed. the smells still go in through the window from living room then throught the door gap below. one time i go all fire and they say im just being unreasonable bcoz of my pregnancy. how annoying. i can't have peace of mind at all during my pregnancy period.

Read more
4mo trước

Worse comes to worst, ask your neighbours to help tell them off or something. By law, they are not supposed to smoke at the corridors anyway.

u have the right to protect ur baby. if they want to smoke, go down and smoke and not just outside the house. 2nd hand smoke is dangerous and could cause stillbirth too. dont take it lightly

4mo trước

they are ppl close to u. if they really care abt ur baby, they shld control their smoking and respect u. i will say nea can be last option but maybe u try to talk more to them or ask them smoke at the stairs if they lazy to go down. ur sister will be a mother one day too, so she shld be kind now

maybe tell them about the scan and you are worried and see if they can cooperate? Otherwise move out?

4mo trước

Yes! Selfish and inconsiderate 🤮