Breasts size affects milk supply?

I'm a very petite and kinda flat chested. I so wanna breastfeed my baby when she is born but worried if my small breasts will not produce enough milk for my baby. I am currently pregnant and my breasts is still as small, abit disappointed cause everywhere i see or read, all mom to be grown in size but mine doesnt. :(#advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! Breast size does not affect the supply. You can have huge breasts but no supply at all. Don’t stress yourself, you never know how it’ll turn out. Usually LC will visit your ward in private hospitals so by then the LC should be able to guide and advise you. 😃 (For gov hospital, I think you need to request for one. I gave birth at TMC so I’m not sure about gov hospital.) Something to make you feel better… The bigger the boobs, the saggier it’ll get when you stop breastfeeding. 🫣

Read more

Size does not matter on milk production. My sis's cup size was C and had trouble with breastfeeding and my SIL was A/B and managed to produce a good amount of milk. There are many components that can coax your body to produce milk.

Read more