kkh subsidy patients

hello , im under subsidy in kkh want to ask all mommies out there abt their experience giving birth under subsidized class .hubby can come in the delivery suite right ? the one at lvl 2 ? also if everything goes well how long need to stay in ward ? will they take the baby at night time ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on your post-delivery situation. Husband can be with you in the delivery suite (kind of like an A ward and yes at Level 2 beside ADC) throughout the whole process unless you need emergency c-sect then he can’t enter the OT. I’m not sure about non-complication birth but for me I had post-delivery complications so I was in the hospital for 6 days from the time I was admitted on Sunday night. I developed preeclampsia post-delivery. Gave birth via emergency c-sect on Monday morning. Baby was sent for phototherapy (due to jaundice) on Thursday afternoon for 24hrs. Discharged on Fri evening. I was in B2 ward (6-bedded) and they encouraged rooming with mummies so the whole time baby was with me. It was tough for me to handle cause I had a major operation and was hard to move about especially the next couple of days after birth. I also couldn’t sleep well due to all the babies crying, nurses checking on us, in the same ward.. if you need help, don’t be afraid to press the call button for help however what I can advise you is to try look after your baby on your own as the nurses have their own work to do. I could hear my baby crying in the hallway when I asked for help to return her to the nursery as I needed some rest and sleep.. So you can imagine those babies in the nursery.. sighs. Get your husband or relative to help you during visiting hours so you can rest and your shift starts during the night.

Read more

Hi Aisyah, i am mum of 2.... my first i delivered b2 class it was clean n had clean toilet, nurses were polite n professional. I had natural birth so i was discharged 1 day after i given birth. My 2nd child i took c class...biggest regret of my life. Nurses were unprofessional, the toilet was disgusting had pads filled in the bin. Basically u need to do everything urself. I advise u take b2 or higher. Also if u are in alot of pain just tell the nurse that u will take the baby tomorrow so u can sleep n hv a gd night rest.

Read more
2y trước

Aisyah for me i also subsidy for both kids...u can still tell them u want to take b2 class, all pymt by medisave i gave birth last year december. Just dont take c class.

for me i was admitted to ward at night so the baby was in the nursery since it was just right after birth. but the next day at 5am the baby came into the ward and stayed with me all the way til discharge as they encourage the baby to room in with mummies ! :) this is the same for all patients without complications

Read more
2y trước

thkyou 🥰

Yes of course, husb may be inside with you, and once delivered, if all is well as in u n baby may proceed home after 1-2days

Thành viên VIP

hubby cn go in the delivery suite. depends, normal birth ard 2 days csec ard 3 days