Weight management

I'm a Indian and my height is 161cm and weight was 55kg now I'm just 14 weeks pregnant and I'm 64kg. I'm so scared of putting on so much weight and will have difficulties lossing it. How can I maintain a healthy weight pregnancy and will I be able to get back to 55kg after child birth?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, congrats on your pregnancy! The gain does seem on the faster end, has your doctor mentioned anything about it? I would be more concerned for you if there is any underlying issue resulting in the spike. For me I watched my diet, I still snack but I do ration the quantity of junk. I tried my best to make sure I get balanced diet for my main meals. I've also maintained exercise, but for exercise I'd suggest to clear with your gynae first and do what you're familiar with (I.e. Don't start a new sport or do something you've not done before). Walking or swimming are gentle exercises you can incorporate. I started with 10 mins a day and worked up to 30 mins a day for most days of the week. I also used the calculator that Pris Chung attached in her reply.

Read more