Trying to conceive

I’m deciding if should go for iui before ivf. Anyone can share your experience? Some were saying not to waste time on iui and straight to ivf instead. 35yo here. #Needadvice

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on your fertility health. What did your doctor recommend? My hubby (34m) and I (33f) has unexplained fertility and our doctor recommended SOIUI. Because I was super scared of needles we opted for medicated IUI for our first try. It wasn’t successful. So we went on SOIUI our second try. I took a total of 12 injections that cycle but it was all worth it. Successfully pregnant and 12 weeks now. 😊 Listen to your doctor. Happy to share more about my SOIUI experience if you’re interested.

Read more
2y trước

I did my SOIUI at kkh. :)

It depends on your fertility health, financial situation and your own acceptance of treatment. I have no fertility health issue and want to try a more natural way of conceiving so I started with IUI at 39. It wasn’t successful. My doctor suggested to start IVF. Two round of fresh embryo transfer with hormonal cycle didn’t work and I decided to try natural cycle with FET. I am blessed with this miracle in my tummy now.

Read more

I went through 2 iui then ivf.. I would say depends on individual situations.. for me I trued 1 iui before removing my endometriosis and 1 iui after with unsuccessful (combi with tcm).. then ivf with tcm combi as well.. ivf per jab dose is higher, more expensive and of course higher chance.. so you can consider the urgency of having a child.. if want a higher chance, ivf straight definitely better..

Read more
Thành viên VIP

The best option for a woman depends on her individual situation. In general, IUI (intrauterine insemination) is often recommended for couples with unexplained infertility, mild male factor infertility, or cervical factor infertility. IVF (in vitro fertilization) is often recommended for couples with severe male factor infertility, blocked fallopian tubes, endometriosis, or advanced maternal age.

Read more

I didnt want to waste time on IUI then go to IVF if not successful. Im 33 when i did my first round of IVF. I has PCOS and partner has low mobility. IUI successful rate not v high.

depends on sperm quality. met several doctors in kkh . higher chance is in ivf, so we justcwent ivf. and now I'm 17 weeks