Are pregnant mummies considered part of vulnerable group during this covid pandemic?

I’m currently pregnant and our company is already requiring us to go to ofc after the heightened alert is lifted, I just wanna know if pregnant mums are considered part of vulnerable group? And was there any gov rules regarding employers allowing us to work from home if we can?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hi there, Studies have shown that if pregnant ladies contract Covid, they are at higher risk of developing more severe symptoms. However, i don’t think there are specific rules from the gov regarding pregnant women going back to work. You could either talk to your boss about giving you an option to WFH or if you have to go back to the office, take every precaution. Wash hands, mask up, take the vaccine.

Read more

I didn’t read anything on being in the vulnerable grp. But I do feel vulnerable. Taking public transport to work and interactions with people even with the mask on and even fully vaccinated doesn’t mean you cannot catch Covid. And what does that mean for someone who is pregnant when that happens? Does cause me to worry.

Read more
Influencer của TAP

I requested to wfh when pregnant and my boss agreed . at that time I was also in last trimester and more difficult to walk. Have a conversation with your boss . if your work does not require you to be in office I see no reason your boss will reject

I asked my gynae to write a letter for me to let me wfh and she did so i sent it to my boss and he approved.