When Should I See A Gynae

Hi, I'm currently in my 7th week. When I missed my period, I tested with a pregnancy test kit and it showed positive. First time mum so I'm not sure what should I do next. So, I went to the polyclinic and get a referral letter to SGH. However, the appointment date given was 6 weeks later, which by then I would be in my 11th week. Recently, I felt pain in my right abdomen. It's an acute pain and goes away after awhile. Is that normal? Should I wait till the appointment date to consult the doctor? Or go to the private gynae? I heard private is very expensive. Any recommendations? Confused. Thanks for reading.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I am also having almost the same situation with u. I initially had got referral letter from polyclinic and arranged an appt w KKH 1 week later on 090919. I suddenly found a dark yellow to light brown discharge yesterday. It made me worried. So, I decided to book an appt w private gynae nearby my house, located at Sengkang mrt next day to have an early check up. It is also my 1st visit. The consultation fee is 80, ultrasound is 80.Plus the med prescribed by gynae to stabilise the pregnancy, I paid a total of $261. Although it is exp, but I feel worth it. At least, it ease my worries and anxiety. I dont have to worry over the weekend. And kept google am I normal... and I thought I was at week 6 as I calculating my last period, the gynae said I'm only at week 4 currently, so he only able to detect gestation sac in ultrasound.

Read more