No more peaceful sleep with big tummy

Im currently 6months+ and ever since my tummy grown bigger, i find it hard to sleep comfortably and peacefully😣😭 i will keep waking up almost everyhour at night because my tummy feels very uncomfortable. Especially when i need to sleep on my sides and my tummy is heavy. I keep tossing and turning everynow and then. Tried putting small pillow to support my tummy but it only makes it more uncomfortable. Want to sleep on my back also scared but sleeping on my back was the best position. Any mummy facing this issue too. I miss having peaceful long sleep and i am sleep deprived. 😭😭 #FTM

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same!!! I sleep sitting up! But now it's quite bad. If I sleep on my left, my left rib and pelvic pain, if I sleep on my right, my right rib and pelvic pain, if I sleep sitting up, my tail bone pain and breathless. Can't sleep any angle at all... And when I finally found a comfortable position, baby starts to frantic kick 🥲🥲🥲

Read more

Tell me about it! Actually don’t need to always sleep on ur left though it’s best for baby. Just try to sleep whichever position is comfortable for u. 3rd trimester will be even more uncomfortable with the acid reflux etc and u can’t sleep at all

im 35 weeks and been suffering poor quality sleep for the last 3 weeks too. it gets harder with the urge to pee frequently and discomfort sleeping in any position... just try to nap and sleep as much as u can whenever u can >_

me too. now entering 27 weeks. i get interrupted sleep. even though i sleep early i feel like im so tired. and the constant pee n breathless. have to sit slightly seated up. and im more cranky than usual

Awwww poor mummyyyy. Just try to sleep in whatever position that you feel comfortable. Maybe can try putting a pillow under your feet just below the knee. It helped me with leg cramps. Like this:

Post reply image

I sat down and sleep. Then subconsciously lie down 😅. If I wanna lie down, I just stack 2 pillows under my head, 2 pillows to lift up my legs. I didn’t use any maternity pillow.

yes experienced it at 6m and now at 9m it’s worse!! i can’t wait to deliver already 🥲 try getting pregnancy pillow or support, it really helps.

It will only get worse. I’m in 3rd trimester now, Damn breathless and uncomfortable the whole day.