39 weeks 5 Days

I’m currently at 39 weeks & 5 days, but have yet to experience any contraction pain / any signs of labour. Last week gynae’s appointment, baby is 3.3kg & head still not engaged / dilated!!!! Recommended by my gynae to do c-sect instead if there’s no progress. Any advice or mummy’s who have experienced similar situation? Please share your journey! #firstbaby #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Your gynae suggested csec? I was in your situation and my gynae suggested to induce and i managed to give birth via natural birth. Baby born 3.7kg. If you prefer natural birth, maybe you can check with your gynae if you can induce labour instead of csec.

1y trước

That was my worry too. I waited until 40 week before i induce. My gynae kept asking me to induce since 38 week cos he say my baby has big head circumference. I wasnt dilated and baby wasnt engaged when i induce also but i was at 40 week alr. Its your choice ultimately. But be aware that baby will just get bigger and bigger each day, the chances of natural birth will be lower if baby gets too big to come out from your birth canal. Maybe you can give yourself a date to make a decision? Eg by 41 week still no contraction you can consider induce/csec?