Electronic Fetal Monitoring during labour

Hi, I'm curious to know if hospitals here do continous or intermittent electronic fetal monitoring and which hospital does which? If mums could share the experiences pls ie which hospital you were at and whether the electronic fetal monitoring belt was strapped on you continously or intermittently. If continously, at what dilation was this done? I understand that continous electronic fetal monitoring would limit mother's movements during labour. Like mum wouldn't even be able to turn to her side. Keen to know experiences. Thanks in advance #firsttimemom #advicepls #FTM #labor

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Both hospital at NUH/KKH does continous fetal monitoring during labour. 2018 at NUH was done in observation ward/labour after induce. 2023 at KKH was done in labour. Both pregnancy I was 3 cm dilated. I was at 3 cm dilate for a week and a few days respectively. I didnt drink much water therefore I didnt need to visit the loo a lot of times. If your baby's at one side of your tummy, you will be ask to turn of the side baby were at. I had it for my second that I ask to turn slightly to my left.

Read more

Mine was strapped on continuously once I was 4cm dilated in KKH. I wasn't supposed to move much, but the contractions were 🫠 So the nurse had to keep repositioning it. Hehe. But they were nice about it. Didn't scold me or anything

I wasnt permanently strapped when i was in labour. It was put on on and off to check. I was at mt e novena.