Longer period

I’m a c section mom whose 3 months post partum. My periods cycle is longer after giving birth.. 8 days I still have bleeding but very light bleeding. Did anyone experience the same

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is not uncommon for women to experience changes in their menstrual cycle after giving birth, especially after a c-section. In your case, having a longer period with light bleeding 3 months postpartum is generally considered normal. Postpartum bleeding can last for up to 6 weeks after delivery, known as lochia. After this period, your first few cycles might be different from your pre-pregnancy cycles. It's common for periods to be irregular, longer, shorter, lighter, or heavier than before. However, if you are concerned about the duration of your period or the amount of bleeding, it's always a good idea to consult your healthcare provider. They can provide personalized advice based on your medical history. Many women in similar situations have experienced longer postpartum bleeding, so you are not alone in this. It's essential to take care of yourself, stay hydrated, rest when needed, and reach out to your healthcare provider if you have any concerning symptoms. If you continue to have any concerns or if the bleeding persists or worsens, please don't hesitate to seek advice from a healthcare professional to ensure everything is okay. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Mine is natural, also has a longer period. Prepregnancy my period usually last 3-5 days, after giving birth, it can last up to 10-13 days (including brown blood). 😒

Same. Think its normal for period to be irregular after csect

Mine is 3-5days but twice every month